Community Access Days is a unique way to support up-and-coming musicians. Through Community Access Days, qualifying musicians and ensembles will be able to use the extraordinary facilities and production staff of Guarneri Hall to create audition and demo audio and video recordings to help advance their careers. Guarneri Hall will be available, along with a piano, recording equipment, and expert audio engineer Chris Willis, for groups of one to five performers scheduled in one-hour time slots on specific dates.
- Community Access Days will be announced on the GH website and in the GH newsletter at least six weeks in advance.
- Approximately five one-hour time slots will be offered between 9:30 am and 5 pm, with a 30-minute break in between users to allow time for musicians to move in and out of the space. Some 90-minute slots will be available upon request.
- For logistical reasons, each Community Access Day (CAD) will need at least three slots to be reserved in order for that CAD to go forward. If fewer than three slots have been reserved 7 days prior to the date, that CAD will be canceled and any payments for it will be refunded immediately. Musicians who plan to reserve are welcome to encourage other groups to apply on the same day to help ensure the three-slot minimum will be met.
- Note that the Guarneri Hall audio engineer and another GH staffer will be present during each CAD session.
Covers all production personnel and facilities use.
- $220 per one-hour slot
- $350 per two-hour slot (by special request, if available)
- Apply and be approved for Community Access Days (CAD) eligibility
- Set up a CAD user profile on the Guarneri Hall website
- Reserve your slot(s) at least seven days before the CAD – first come, first served – and pay online when you reserve
- Bring your own SD cards to the session (Access to the feed from all three of Guarneri Hall’s integrated cameras will require three SD cards. HD video will be 1080p and 30 fps.)
A limited number of Community Access Days opportunities may be available on a subsidized basis to prospective users who demonstrate need and ability.
To apply, email Stefan Hersh at email@example.com. Please add Community Access Day Request in the subject line.