The Guarneri Hall NFP Mission
Guarneri Hall NFP delivers extraordinary classical music to a broad and diverse audience through a curated mix of live performances, music videos, and related digital content.
We cultivate and sustain the classical music community with resources and support for emerging artists, music educators, and anyone who is curious about music.
We connect underserved communities to classical music through specialized tools and programs.
Guarneri Hall NFP’s Statement of Values
- Inspiration: We nurture artistic creativity, and engage those seeking artistic invigoration.
- Sustainability: We regard sustainability as essential for the evolution of our organization as well as for all artists and collaborators with whom we work.
- Intimacy: We value intimacy between artists and audiences.
- Curiosity: We believe that our most memorable experiences materialize when we inspire curiosity in our audiences.
- Relevance: We believe that for classical music to be relevant, it must resonate with listeners outside the concert hall.
- Accessibility: We create outstanding recorded performances and provide exceptional live experiences for diverse audiences.
- Social Transformation: We believe that classical music can serve as a powerful stimulus for social transformation.
- Community: We believe that classical music confronts the enigma of being human and provides a poignant reflection of life in our era.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Guarneri Hall NFP
Guarneri Hall’s commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging flows from the beliefs expressed in our Statement of Values.
We believe that music exists in our world, not beside it. Musical expression can foster a deeper understanding of humanity, inspiring connectivity among people and serving as an agent of change for persons, communities, and societies. Thus, we seek to build community, forge relationships, increase representation, and support the next generation of aspiring musicians.
We prioritize the growth of diversity in the field of classical music through programming and initiatives for people of all ages, abilities, and backgrounds that represent a wide array of racial, cultural, gender, and ethnic experiences. We strive to represent and celebrate the diversity of the music world by reducing elitism. We provide open access to unique musical experiences and welcome all who share a love of and interest in music to our space. We embrace the role music plays in human life and institutions and as a means of confronting the challenges and struggles of the past and present. We encourage and support young artists in seeking their own paths, materials, and means of communication. By promoting a broad and inclusive array of musical perspectives and styles, we aspire toward an equitable and vital creative future.
The City of Chicago is located on the traditional, unceded homelands of the Council of the Three Fires: the Ojibwe, Odawa, and Potawatomi Nations. Many other Nations, such as the Myaamia, Ho-Chunk, Menominee, Sac and Fox, Peoria, Kaskaskia, Wea, Kickapoo, and Mascouten, have also called this area home. Guarneri Hall NFP acknowledges with gratitude this land and the Indigenous people who have respected and cared for it over countless generations. We recognize the Indigenous peoples who laid the foundation for our city and honor the Native peoples who reside here today and whose voices, experiences, culture, and traditions constitute essential elements in the fabric of our community.