Guarneri Hall NFP’s Young Artist/Affiliate Artist Program provides support to serious musicians at all stages of their careers. The Guarneri Hall staff works with Affiliate Artists to provide support as appropriate for each artist: arranging for loans of fine instruments (subject to availability), maintenance of fine instruments, career guidance, marketing/public relations guidance and support, paid performance opportunities, audio/video recording opportunities, and access to preferred rates for instrument insurance.
The current Guarneri Hall NFP Young Artist/Affiliate Artist roster includes the following musicians:
Senior Affiliate Artists
- Frank Almond, violin by Antonio Stradivari, 1715 “Lipinski”
- Irina Borissova, violin by Allesandro Mezzadri, c. 1720
- Hannah Christensen, violin by Joseph Gagliano, c. 1780
- Alexander Hersh, cello by G.B. Rogeri, c. 1690
- Sirena Huang, violin by Nicolo Amati, c.1624
- Gabriela Lara, violin by Zosimo Bergonzi, c. 1760
- Jesús Linárez, violin by Alfredo Contino, 1920
- Geneva Lewis, violin by Zosimo Bergonzi, c. 1770
Young Artists/Junior Affiliate Artists
- Nolan Chang, violin by Vittorio Bellarosa, c. 1967
- Maya Masoaka, violin by Honore Derazey, c. 1840
Young Artist/Junior Affiliate Artist: Serious pre-college music students who have demonstrated excellence on their instruments and have demonstrated a commitment to their community
Affiliate Artist: Collegiate music majors and postgraduate performing/teaching artists who are in the early stages of a performing and/or teaching career, who have shown artistic and/or pedagogical excellence as well as a commitment to community service
Senior Affiliate Artist: Fully established performers with a decade or more of public visibility and a reputation for excellence
How to Apply
Candidates for Young Artist/Junior Affiliate Artist Affiliate Artist categories must be nominated by recognized performers and/or teachers. Nominated candidates must then submit a complete CV to be considered for the program.
Interested candidates should request that a teacher or a known performing musician submit a referral on their behalf to the Guarneri Hall Board of Directors via Artistic Director Stefan Hersh, email@example.com.