Get tickets for 3 different concerts for $100 ($20 off). Discount appears on checkout page after adding tickets to your cart. Need support? Contact us.
- Past event
New Music Chicago: Impromptu Fest 2019
Thursday, March 21, 2019 - Sunday, March 31, 2019
Guarneri Hall is delighted to serve as the venue for Impromptu Fest 2019. Impromptu Fest is a series of eight concerts March 21-31, showcasing members of New Music Chicago. Now in its second year, Impromptu Fest is a platform to hear all that is going on with their members, from freshly composed acoustic music to works with electronics and film, all by performers based in the Chicago area.
Each of the eight concerts is a double-bill, so audience members can experience even more of the breadth and variety of all that is happening in Chicago’s new music scene. New this year, the Impromptu Fest will be featuring performances by student composers and performers as part of their ongoing work to support students. Students at the University of Chicago, Northwestern University, Elmhurst College, and DePaul University will be among the performers.
- Thursday, March 21: Fifth House Ensemble and Heare Ensemble
- Friday, March 22: Jennifer Woodrum and Will Myers, Ted Moore
- Saturday, March 23: Gaudete Brass and Students of Gaudete Brass
- Sunday, March 24: The Wurtz-Berger Duo and Lakeshore Rush Ensemble with Amos Gillespie*
- Thursday, March 28: Chicago Composers Consortium and William Jason Raynovich and Seth Boustead
- Friday, March 29: Naperville Chamber Players and Janice Misurell-Mitchell
- Saturday, March 30: ~Nois and Aviary
- Sunday, March 31: Crossing Borders Music and Students of Elmhurst College–Flute Music*
*All performances start at 7:30 pm except for the two Sunday performances, which start at 3:00 pm.
Detailed information about each performance and ticket purchase links are on the New Music Chicago website.
Many events at Guarneri Hall are live streamed in real time—view a list of events available to stream!